It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:00 am

Post subject: Paradise Lost goest on hiatus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:30 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

So ANN says,
Quote:
This year's 44th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Young Magazine published the final chapter in the "first part" of Tohru Fujisawa's GTO: Paradise Lost manga on Monday. The issue also revealed that Fujisawa is taking a "long leave of absence" before returning to launch the manga's second part. Fujisawa added that the hiatus is due to a staff shortage, and said once he can set it up so he can publish the manga weekly again, he will resume the series.

I still need to catch up with the latest chapters, but I was kind of expecting that the next time we heard news about the series, it would be about it ending. It's at ten volumes now, so it's already longer than Shonan 14Days.

So I'm surprised that this is only the "first part". Also kind of surprised that Fujisawa is having a "staff shortage". I hope it gets sorted out and that his "long leave of absence" won't be excessively long...

Post subject: Re: Paradise Lost goest on hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 am 
I post a lot!

I hope it doesn't take the GT-R route. Hiatus then cancelled indefinitely

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

I hope not... But I'm not too worried. This is GTO, after all. His most noteable creation, and pretty much the only thing he's got going at the moment. He wouldn't screw around with it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 am 
I post a lot!

He's also got the monthly Shonan Seven. That seems to be going pretty strong.

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

It doesn't bother me personally since I haven't read more than like, the first volume? If that. I, for some stupid reason, am waiting for this to be licensed and released physically. My shelf craves it. This, and all Junji Ito manga is the only manga I actively want nowadays.

However, this will bother me if the break is *too* long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 am 
Catching up!

Paradise Lost is nothing compared to the previous manga of the GTO universe, even if it got cancelled I wouldn't care.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 am 

sandokanthanos wrote:
Paradise Lost is nothing compared to the previous manga of the GTO universe, even if it got cancelled I wouldn't care.

Those are some pretty harsh words. What makes it so inferiour do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

I wouldn't say "nothing", and I certainly would care if it got cancelled (mostly because I want to see how the story ends) but yeah it isn't nearly as good as GTO or even Shonan 14Days. I still enjoy it though, but I don't find myself emotionally invested the same way. That said, I am a volume or two behind and I've heard it picks up, so we'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 am 
Catching up!

RealOne wrote:
Those are some pretty harsh words. What makes it so inferiour do you think?

It's something so as to just continue the story and gain money. He is literally milking the series. He stopped with the GTO universe and when the drama series became a hit he returns with a new spin off. Ok 14 Days in Shonan was good, I think of it as a continuation of the GTO manga. Even though its characters were a copy from the GTO ones it was good. In Paradise Lost they are not. The characters of this one exist for the only reason of just existing. So as the readers can say "hey there are students who are with Onizuka". Yeah but they are void and without character development. A class full of idols and scenes with sex here and there is something an old perv would think of and Fujisawa is trying to show as much sex as he can in this series. If Onizuka was not in prison and in just some bar telling these stories to Ryuji, Saejima and Jun much more people would have dropped it but him in prison is the only thing that can make someone to read this dull manga. GTO ended great, 14 Days in Shonan was a good spin off and Ino Head Gargoyle another good story but that's it for me. GT-R and Paradise Lost are failures.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:41 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

Looks like Paradise Lost is returning pretty soon. Thank goodness... I was beginning to worry it was going to be stuck in Fujisawa's pile of forever unfinished series... Which reminds me, I never did reach the last few chapters. Time to catch up!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:17 pm 

Ugly Pig wrote:
Looks like Paradise Lost is returning pretty soon. Thank goodness... I was beginning to worry it was going to be stuck in Fujisawa's pile of forever unfinished series... Which reminds me, I never did reach the last few chapters. Time to catch up!

Cool, welcome back Bronizuka.

I'll read Paradise Lost if it ever gets licensed.

EDIT: Hold the fucking phone, it's licensed! When did that happen? But it's only digital so I still won't read it.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm 
Awesome!

Yeah, that's my mentality- I don't give a fuck if it's 'licensed' in a scenario where in exchange for my money I don't get to own a physical volume. I know this is the 'digital age' and whatever... but if I want to read it on my computer screen I'll look at free scans. Sounds unreasonable of me perhaps, but I'm a book lover (to which my overcrowded house will attest). Why should readers have to pay when there are no costs to the company of printing etc anyway?

[EDIT- sure, I get they have to employ translators etc, but the costs of producing a physical volume would surely at least double the company's outlay?]

Doko no kumi no monja, ware. Sumaki ni shite shizume taroka, kora!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:34 pm 

Cypher wrote:
Yeah, that's my mentality- I don't give a fuck if it's 'licensed' in a scenario where in exchange for my money I don't get to own a physical volume. I know this is the 'digital age' and whatever... but if I want to read it on my computer screen I'll look at free scans. Sounds unreasonable of me perhaps, but I'm a book lover (to which my overcrowded house will attest). Why should readers have to pay when there are no costs to the company of printing etc anyway?

[EDIT- sure, I get they have to employ translators etc, but the costs of producing a physical volume would surely at least double the company's outlay?]

Finally someone who has the same outlook as me.

I think we are a dying breed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 am 
Awesome!

Brother!!11 :lol: Haha, I know it's probably old-fashioned (30+ year-olds represent~) but probably just like you, I want to be able to read something I've paid for whenever I want, not just when the internet isn't being an asshole, or when I have my laptop around... I love the internet, computers etc, but to me the whole benefit of an actual book is I can just stick it in my pocket and read whenever, but then this is the guy who carried around a Spanish vol. 42 of Dragon Ball in his blazer pocket back in the day at school (can I read Spanish? Nope. Did I buy it on holiday, and was this before Dragon Ball was even thought of as a potential release in English? Yup... showing my age here, for sure...), so I guess that's pretty much just how I've always been :lol:

I'm more than happy to be of a dying breed as long as we're the ones who are right :wink:

Doko no kumi no monja, ware. Sumaki ni shite shizume taroka, kora!