It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Post subject: Latest Chapter Discussion [Oishii Kamishama]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 pm 
I post a lot!

Chapter 18

Spoiler:
So it seems that Fujisawa has moved away from the goddess of the week format and has made some plot progression (albeit only a little bit) by introducing a human girl with the ability to see the different food goddesses. Her hobby is collecting the food goddesses and this chapter has her venturing into Kabukicho (Red Light District, typical Fujisawa) in search of a new goddess to add to her collection.

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

Post subject: Re: Latest Chapter Discussion [Oishii Kamishama]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 am 
I post a lot!

Chapter 19

Spoiler:
Shizuoka Oden certainly looks delicious! It seems that the human girl is using the goddesses to help her find others and another search begins, this time in Hamamatsu in Shizuoka.

Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am 
I post a lot!

Chapter 20:

Spoiler:
So we are now introduced to the lead girl's family, who apparently can see goddesses too. The brother, Hiroki, appears and seems to be a candidate for a future antagonist.

So the hunt for a new goddess takes them to Hamamatsu. Despite introducing a human lead, it seems that Fujisawa only added a new coat of paint to the story with the same format, girl meets goddess, goddess explains the cuisine, rinse and repeat. Let's hope Fujisawa will do more with the story in future.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 am 
I post a lot!

Chapter 21

Spoiler:
Finally, a dish that I've heard of and have actually tasted (dumplings being quite common and found readily overseas as well as in Japan). It seems that the lead girl is using her new friends to help her track down more goddesses, I wonder how many will she collect?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 am 
I post a lot!

Chapter 22:

Spoiler:
Douman crab actually looks like something I'd love to try. Apparently, fisherman can be out in the lake all day and only find one or two of these elusive crabs after a whole day's work. Our lead is unable to afford her meal, how will she get out of this one?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:20 pm 
I post a lot!

Chapter 23:

Spoiler:
So it turns out that the brother of the lead girl also has a collection of goddesses. I wonder if they will now start to compete for each goddess or would they pool their collection together?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:27 am 
Newcomer

I like your links that posted here.
I have enjoyed with this forum.
Thanks for sharing here.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:34 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

addseo1115 wrote:
I like your links that posted here.
I have enjoyed with this forum.
Thanks for sharing here.

Nosajj is awesome. Unfortunately I don''t have time to follow this series at all right now.

Welcome aboard by the way. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:59 am 
I post a lot!

Chapter 24

Spoiler:
So the manga has shifted from food to...trains? This chapter focuses on a new character who also has the ability to see goddesses. It doesn't seem like it's leading anywhere to be honest, but let's see how this plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:14 am 
I post a lot!

Fujisawa to end Oishii Kamishama

Quote:
This year's 47th issue of Shogakukan's Shonen Sunday magazine announced on Wednesday that Tohru Fujisawa will end his Oishii Kamishama manga in the magazine's next issue, which Shogakukan will publish on October 28.

The manga highlights a new regional Japanese dish every chapter, with the spirit of the dish personified and explaining the history, ingredients, and process of preparation for the dish.

Fujisawa launched the manga in Shonen Sunday in September 2014. Shogakukan published the manga's second compiled book volume on July 17.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-21/gto-tohru-fujisawa-to-end-oishii-kamishama-manga/.94453

35 chapters have been translated so far.