It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:25 am 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Hmm me too, I think I'm going to like this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:39 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

They put out Futari Ecchi?

What does seinen mean?

PS - That whip thing that she is carrying scares the hell out of me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:57 am 

Haha I was a fan of Futari Ecchi.

Seinen is manga for an older male audience. Usually much darker, violent and sexual in nature than Shonen. Shojo is the girly equivalent of Shonen.

Seinen manga include the ones RealOne put up, as well as others like Fire Candy (my sig), gantz and Doraemon (especially this last one!)
...haha only kidding about our furry blue friend, though I want to know where he pulls all that stuff from, I reckon he's a thief! A cat with a pouch? More like a koala or a possum I reckon, CATS ARE NOT MARSUPIALS YOU CRAZY JAPANESE MAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:23 am 

Don't forget Jousei ;) (girls equivilant of Seinen... apparently lots of boy love... :tongue:)

Thing is, though people often classify it as a genre, what really makes a manga seinen or shonen is the type of magazine it's serielized in. For example, Himitsu Sentai Momoider is pretty harmless, and on first glance I'd actually call it a Shonen manga, but it is infact a Seinen as it runs in Young Jump. Seems like this is the audience Fujisawa has been targetting lately. Kamen Teacher, HSM, Animal Joe and now Unhappy were/are all in Seinen magazines. The only one that isn't is seems to be Reverend D.

Oh yeah, and that last page you posted julien (with the girl holding the dick whip), actually doesn't have anything to do with Animal Joe except for a little mention down the bottom... That aint Fujisawa's art people! :P
From what I've seen of Animal Joe though, it's damn funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm 
X JAPAN fan

bandit_legend wrote:
Oh yeah, and that last page you posted julien (with the girl holding the dick whip), actually doesn't have anything to do with Animal Joe except for a little mention down the bottom... That aint Fujisawa's art people! :P
From what I've seen of Animal Joe though, it's damn funny!

I just put the last picture for the little mention lol :roll: Everyone know that it's not fujisawa's style at the first look at the picture

And, i wonder, you saw Animal Joe, but how? you have scans? can you post them in GTO101 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:55 pm 

Yeah, well just thought I'd make it clear for everyone, that's all.

As for the Animal Joe I've read, I actually downloaded a little preview of a chapter last year but I don't think I have it anymore :(. I got it off share so I'm not sure if it'd still be there either. Eventually I think I'll buy it all anyway, but I'll probably wait till it's in tank form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:03 pm 

That's some good inside info on the "genre" BL, interesting isn't it. So do the authors apply to a particular Jump to have their work in there, or do the editors decide?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:57 am 

I'm actually not too sure about that to be honest. I'd imagine the author would have some say in it though, as he/she might want more content freedom that Seinen magazines entail. Censorship laws between different magazines are actually pretty interesting in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm 
X JAPAN fan

5号から[GTO]の藤沢とおる、そして[Dr.コトー]の山田貴敏が6号より連載開始
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
■ 5号予告
内容
以前も紹介しましたが、山田貴敏の連載開始の号数が出たので今回もう一度。
ともにシリーズ連載で、5号、6号と連続で連載開始です。

5号から開始の藤沢とおる「あんハピっ!」は女警部の物語です。
現在スピリッツで連載しており、さらにチャージで次号から連載予定。
しかもヤンジャンで春から連載予定らしいのですが、大丈夫でしょうか?

6号からは山田貴敏の「COMPLEX」が連載開始です。
以前紹介したときは集中連載予定だったと思いますが、シリーズ連載になったようです。
こちらも警察関連で、警視庁の特別捜査班が挑む、といった内容みたいです。

関連タイトル:COMPLEX 掲載予定・2008/6号(新連載)
-著者名-
作者:山田貴敏 -最新巻-
- -リンク-
- -ジャンル-
男性
ストーリー

角川書店   コミックチャージ4号   2008.2.5更新

Can you translate it? it talks 'bout Unhappy! and a new manga by Takashi yamada or something like that...

I found this picture too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:21 pm 

Babelfish translation:

[ The Fujisawa of GTO ] it passes from 5, and [ Dr. Thing - ] your Satoshi Yamada start of serialization -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * 5 introduced also before the notice contents from 6, but it meaning that the number of numbers of start of your Satoshi's Yamada serialization appears this time once more. Together with series serialization, 5, 6 and it is start of serialization with continuation. Fujisawa of start it passes from 5, "the bean jam ハピ っ! "It is the story of the woman police inspector. Presently we have serialized with spirits, furthermore with charge from the next issue serialization schedule. Furthermore with ヤンジャン being serialization schedule to seem from the spring, it does, but it probably is all right? Your Satoshi's Yamada "COMPLEX" is start of serialization from 6. When in the past introducing, you think that it was concentrated serial schedule, but it seems that becomes series serialization. The contents that this in connection with the police, the special investigation group of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department challenges, we would like to see, is. Related title: COMPLEX publication schedule 2008/6 (new serialization) - author name - writer: Your Satoshi Yamada - up-to-date volume -- - link -- - genre - man story Kadokawa Publishing Co., Ltd. comic charge 4 2008.2.5 renewals

Translate babelfish to English?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:34 pm 

lol yeah, what gibberish! Ok so we know unhappy is the story of a female police inspector haha. (unhappy being what they mean by ""the bean jam ハピ っ!"")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:56 am 

Yoshio wrote:
(unhappy being what they mean by ""the bean jam ハピ っ!"")

I'm laughing so loud right now. Omfg. "THE BEAN JAM asidhafh"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:46 am 

Ahahahaha why don't we call the new domain thebeanjanonizuka.com?
It would be cool! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am 

Whoa! Nagisa-chan!!? hm, well maybe not :(
Sounds pretty interesting though. I'll try to give you a rough translation as best I can.

Quote:
From volume 5, Toru Fujisawa's "Unhappy!" is the story of a female police inspector. Currently doing a serialisation in Spirits (Anime Joe), on top of that Fujisawa is expected to serialise [Unhappy!] in Charge starting next issue. Furthermore, he's got another serialisation planned for Young Jump in spring, but it'll probably work out.

Again super rough and rushed, so I apologise in advance if we discover something I've said isn't true. I'm especially unsure of the last sentence, but if I'm correct... WOW! Another new series!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:00 pm 
X JAPAN fan

We want scans this time, because we never have fujisawa's mangas scan...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next