It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Special Episode Discussion (Includes Spoilers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

IHateMrCats wrote:
SenseiBanzai wrote:
Me 2 but they are kinda forcing the whole thing instead of letting it go naturally

What do you mean? Them highlighting her more than the rest?

ya, overhighlighting her. Well, really im fine, overall i enjoyed the 2012 version as well. Mostly cause of Akira and Fuyutsuki, they were nicely done in the end (and well Saejima's comedy role).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:21 am 
I post a lot!

I didn't think she was highlighted that much. She just seemed that way due to some others playing almost no role at all (eg Miyabi). Compared to the main focus (Shinomi, Mayu, Ageha) she barely did anything

Completed: Re: Animal Joe; Adesugata Junjou Boy; Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: Shonan Seven; GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

nosajj wrote:
I didn't think she was highlighted that much. She just seemed that way due to some others playing almost no role at all (eg Miyabi). Compared to the main focus (Shinomi, Mayu, Ageha) she barely did anything

I wasn't talking about this episode but overall.
Speaking of Shinomi they didn't focus that much on her either (it was mostly Mayu), i was hoping for more background story between her and Onizuka (since i didn't get the chance to read SJG's arcs that included her)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:38 pm 
Newcomer

SenseiBanzai wrote:
I wasn't talking about this episode but overall.
Speaking of Shinomi they didn't focus that much on her either (it was mostly Mayu), i was hoping for more background story between her and Onizuka (since i didn't get the chance to read SJG's arcs that included her)

They wern't focusing on really anyone in this episode to me. If anything they focused more on old school Onizuka but not by much. Looking back at the episode, it didn't really grab me like some of the others did apart from the bus segment. Maybe it's because of Mayu being one dimensional. I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

I've yet to watch this. My life is too messy right now to relax for 2 hours straight I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:09 pm 
Awesome!

Watched it on my desk at work lol

Wow really well made episode. 10/10

Mayu was very believable and I welcome the change to his story.
I didn't read much of GTO14 days so probably will after watching that episode!
I completely forgot Shimomi was in GTO14 days so was really impress they got her in this episode.
GTU parts were funny I love the forth wall stuff too when he fist bumps the cam :)
Fuyutsuki was hardly in it however I think they're saving her for season 2 and to finally go through the Teshigawara story arc.
The big fight scene was cool. Akira really goes for it making the action intense.
That politician throughout was so EVIL. I was really gripped through out as most of the time he had the upper hand.
Smiled when the Bike gang reunited. I agree they went all out with the finale of the episode really good stuff.

And finally

Miki wins an award for most abused student in this series lol. Atleast she gets saved!
A-he-gae :3
Yeah I felt sorry for the kids ALOT throughout this episode. I mean I'm an only child so I really did feel alot of the stuff happening relate abit to my child hood too.
GTO season 2 please :3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

smallfry14 wrote:
Miki wins an award for most abused student in this series lol. Atleast she gets saved!

Ha haa, that's what I've been saying! :lol:
Runner up: Murai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm 
Newcomer

smallfry14 wrote:
Fuyutsuki was hardly in it however I think they're saving her for season 2 and to finally go through the Teshigawara story arc.

Good luck getting a Season 2. Unless they started making up their own stories i don't think it would work even if they got to do another season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Yeah, I don't know if I would want another season if it isn't based on the manga... It could easily be really bad. I'd love another special covering some of the manga material they skipped over in the series though. *cough* Teshigawara *cough*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm 

Ugly Pig wrote:
Yeah, I don't know if I would want another season if it isn't based on the manga... It could easily be really bad. I'd love another special covering some of the manga material they skipped over in the series though. *cough* Teshigawara *cough*

Well, if the mastermind, Mr. Fujisawa himself wrote a new season, I'm pretty sure it'd be awesome, based on the manga or not. Oh yeah, still haven't watched the special. Soooon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 pm 
I post a lot!

I'm sure there's more S14D story. After all, there's another 4 volumes unused (I'm only up to Volume 5 so I don't know what's in the last 4 volumes)

Completed: Re: Animal Joe; Adesugata Junjou Boy; Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: Shonan Seven; GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am 
Newcomer

nosajj wrote:
I'm sure there's more S14D story. After all, there's another 4 volumes unused (I'm only up to Volume 5 so I don't know what's in the last 4 volumes)

Yes, i agree. But the speed of which they were going through the general series the S14D wouldn't last another 3 episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 am 
Banzai!

I quite Enjoyed a Bit of Back-Story they had of Onziuka and his 2 Mates as they where in High School. Gave the Story some good Depth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm 

Okay so, finally watched this thing... I wanted to like it, really did. Buuuuuuut. Onizuka doesn't feel at all like Onizuka, at least not when it comes to the crude infamous comedy that the GTO manga and anime (and quite often the 1998 drama too) brings us. The episode had no crazy Onizuka hijinks.
The GTU, while funny, felt forced. They never expanded upon any of the teachers backgrounds or personality, except Fuyutsuki of course... And her role in this episode was barely there.

[Rant]
My overall series impression is now set in stone because of this episode.
Seriously. We have watched 11 episodes and a 2-hour special, and yet each and every teacher except Onizuka and Fuyutsuki are so ... 2-dimensional. NOTHING interests me about them whatsoever.
Onizuka is probably not a virgin... Since this was the last episode, that was not important for the 2012 drama... Yet, it's the very foundation for the manga and anime.
Akira looks great as Onizuka, he does a great job acting as Onizuka... But the director did a terrible job by not letting Onizuka go all out.
[/Rant]

Another problem I had with this was that it felt like any other episode, just longer. Very predictable premise. Not to mention, having all the other teachers here was more or less pointless... They didn't serve any purpose at all. Oh hey. Creepy stalker Teshigawara is still doing his thing without any resolution at all... The least they could do is to have a 2-minute scene where you can see Teshi tearing down all the candid photos of Fuyutsuki after some realization from a GTO-speech.

Another thing that bugged me was the anti-climactic ending... It's like... Is this it, huh? The manga and anime had satisfying endings.

Also, I have some serious troubles keeping track of the female students, like who is who? O_o
The only ones I immediately recognize are Miyabi, Tomoko and Urumi. The other girls all look like generic teen idols.

Also, as an Ai Tokiwa fan... The lack of her (and her issues for that matter... If season 2 comes, please make her character good) really makes my piss boil. WHAT. IS. THE. POINT. of listing her on the website if she serves no purpose?

Wow, what a downer... o.o

But it's not all bad!
-I like seeing them wearing their classic street performer jackets. That's quite epic and a love letter to veteran GTO-fans.
-The fight scene was very well choreographed. Music was alright as usual. Main theme gets stuck in my head as always.
-I luv Urumi in this version.. Was hoping she'd get more screentime here in the finale.
-They hinted at Fuyutsuki + Onizuka agan. Nice. But hey series! The 1998 big brother of you managed to get all the way with that concept (IRL too, lol)
-Saejima! This dude deserves an Oscar. He's one of the best characters in any drama ever.

So, all in all... I give this episode 5.5 of 10. Slightly above mediocre in other words.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 am 
Banzai!

Well I also doubt he be a virgin as the showed the New Girl(Forgot Her Name) who he Dated in High School where really close and it be easy to Believe that they did it :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next