It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Post subject: GTO 2012 - Episode 8 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Discussion thread for episode 8! Spoiler rules:

-If you discuss the episode before subs are out, please use spoiler tags
-If you are the first person in the thread to post about the episode after subs have come out, please put a big SPOILER WARNING in your post, which will act as a warning for the rest of the thread.
-Please do not discuss later episodes without spoiler tags. I didn't say this in earlier threads because I didn't think it'd be necessary but I'll say it now. Speculation based on how the plot is moving is fine, but please don't post information from episode synopsis and such without tags and proper warning.

That said - discuss!!

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 8 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 am 
Catching up!

For those of you who are waiting for the subs to come out, one thing you should definitely look out for:
Spoiler:
Notice the name of the girl who jumped off.....think about it...

I won't spoil what happens in the episode (since only one other person most likely saw the episode so far), but for those who want to know (think of it as a movie trailer):

Spoiler:
The major concept of the Kanzaki arc matches the comic, including her setting off the sprinklers and Miyabi holding the umbrella.
The whole Kanzaki ploy to destroy Miyabi is the same, except with current technology, its on smartphones.
Onizuka is still a perv.
Honda is cute (even though I don't care much for short haired girls)

For those who want to know what the next episode is about:
Spoiler:
It's gonna be more about Miyabi and what happened the year before (thumbster help me out on this one)......sorry Kikuchi fans but it makes it more interesting though...

Please put everything in spoiler tags until subs come out!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 am 
Banzai!

Wait for the Subs. Be good Friday Evening Viewing :D

Don't mind people who Spoil it before that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:43 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

Thank you Foobie57 for that tease, it sounds very promising. I can't wait...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 am 
Newcomer

My comment for this episode. Not that much spoiler btw.

Spoiler:
Even though Kanzaki in this version didn't against Onizuka at all. This episode show how much cruel she can be like the original manga (to Miyabi instead).

Some interesting note in this ep.

Spoiler:
This episode is not entirely Kanzaki focus. It's half Kanzaki and half Miyabi. So next episode the Miyabi act will end.

So that's leave Kikuchi to be the last. He has so much thing still don't be explain of.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:56 am 
Banzai!

thumbster wrote:
My comment for this episode. Not that much spoiler btw.

Spoiler:
Even though Kanzaki in this version didn't against Onizuka at all. This episode show how much cruel she can be like the original manga (to Miyabi instead).

Some interesting note in this ep.

Spoiler:
This episode is not entirely Kanzaki focus. It's half Kanzaki and half Miyabi. So next episode the Miyabi act will end.

So that's leave Kikuchi to be the last. He has so much thing still don't be explain of.

Spoiler:
So I was right about Kikuchi that he would be last

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Subs are out!! I'm surprised, wasn't expecting this today. Well, I'm off to watch me some GTO!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:26 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON

Well, I just watched it.

SO

FUCKING

GOOD.

Seriously. I was on the edge of my seat, even though I've read this story in the manga. I loved everything about this episode, with the exception of Urumi faking her suicide for her mother... I mean in the manga she actually did try to kill herself. Also, I saw it coming. But I shouldn't complain, it worked for the story.

Really looking forward to next week. Although it feels as if it's heading towards the end now...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm 
Catching up!

When they showed the cop when Urumi's mom arrived....I thought she faked it, when I saw the doctor...knew she faked it.

Did you also notice the name of the girl who jumped off??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:46 am 
Banzai!

Ugly Pig wrote:
SPOILERS FROM HERE ON

Well, I just watched it.

SO

FUCKING

GOOD.

Seriously. I was on the edge of my seat, even though I've read this story in the manga. I loved everything about this episode, with the exception of Urumi faking her suicide for her mother... I mean in the manga she actually did try to kill herself. Also, I saw it coming. But I shouldn't complain, it worked for the story.

Really looking forward to next week. Although it feels as if it's heading towards the end now...

Great Going to Download Now and Watch after Tea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:53 am 
Banzai!

Ugly Pig wrote:
SPOILERS FROM HERE ON

Well, I just watched it.

SO

FUCKING

GOOD.

So when she Jumped of the Roof she was trying to get her Mum's Attention

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 am 
I post a lot!

Wow even better than last week. Let's hope GTO keeps the momentum and exceeds itself every week.

Such a shame that Urumi only faked it, would've been much better if she attempted suicide.

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:36 pm 
Banzai!

nosajj wrote:
Wow even better than last week. Let's hope GTO keeps the momentum and exceeds itself every week.

Such a shame that Urumi only faked it, would've been much better if she attempted suicide.

Why would of been Better if she Actually Did do it?

Well Soon as the Onziuka Said She Jumped I knew it was a Fake as How would he knew she Jumped and why did the Mother get a Phone Call Straight Away?

Kikuchi is still hard to Figure Out. Seems his Hate is more for the Director then for Onziuka as he seemed more then Willing To Help out. Those still seems he is not Friendly of Him.

Also Intresting how Miyabi is Blaming herself now saying it was her who made her Friend Jump :?:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Foobie57 wrote:
When they showed the cop when Urumi's mom arrived....I thought she faked it, when I saw the doctor...knew she faked it.

I knew it the moment Onizuka said he heard her jump but we didn't see it... If it really happened, they would have shown us something that important! :lol:

Foobie57 wrote:
Did you also notice the name of the girl who jumped off??

I did. I doubt it's meant to be the character Nanako from the manga, but still...

DaveTheMan wrote:
Well Soon as the Onziuka Said She Jumped I knew it was a Fake as How would he knew she Jumped and why did the Mother get a Phone Call Straight Away?

Ha ha, yeah, that was ridiculous. Onizuka runs off, and right away she gets the next call. "Hello, this is the police, your daughter tried to commit suicide by jumping from a tall building, she was rushed to the hospital, identified, and determined to be in critical condition, all of which happened in the last 15 seconds." :lol:

DaveTheMan wrote:
nosajj wrote:

Why would of been Better if she Actually Did do it?

Well the thing is, in the manga that's what actually happens - she doesn't just threaten to end her life, she actively tries to go through with it. Although, in the manga she did it by laying down in snow trying to freeze herself to death, but Onizuka finds her before it is too late. Since they changed it to jumping from a tall building in the drama, that wouldn't really have worked in this version... The death in the manga would have been slow, but here once she actually takes the leap, it's over. She's dead. And even if she somehow survives, her body is so busted up that she's certainly out of commission for the rest of the series... so yeah, that wouldn't work.

To be fair, even in the drama she does intend to kill herself until Onizuka uses his "one last favor" to convince her that life is worth living, so the importance of the scene is not lost. The real problem is, the whole "we put on a big act to freak you out and teach you a lesson" thing is just SUCH a TV cliché, and it was also extremely predictable here. I can't imagine anyone would watch this and not get what was going on.

Still, though, awesome episode. I don't want to bitch about this point too much because I loved the whole thing otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm 
Newcomer

Well, Her mom says that "Urumi is too smart to do something like that (suicide)" and she's right. Urumi find the way to end the solution (with help from Onizuka).

It's also show that she's smart enough to not tear Miyabi apart with that video. I think the writer really did a good job of her character in this drama.