It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 7 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Wow, that episode was certainly packed. Lots of recognizable stuff from the manga here - the test, the ferris wheel, Urumi's mother... Lots of things from the manga all jumbled up and somehow combined into a coherent and even good story. I guess they skipped Urumi's introduction story entirely (no Onizuka-genie in this version I guess) but that's okay. Looks like instead of being won over by Onizuka in that arc, she simply decided to help him study presumably after having seen how well he's done with her classmates, and apparently because she desires a father figure?!? That's an entirely new spin on the Onizuka/Urumi dynamic, but I'm not complaining. I must say I am also pleasantly surprised they are continuing with Urumi focus into the next episode, rather than sticking to a rigid student-of-the-week formula.

I'm surprised at Kikuchi, though. I thought he was starting to come around... I guess not. To have him still oppose Onizuka (and Sakurai!! What is going on there?!) this far in is a big departure for his character compared to all earlier versions. Very curious to see what they're going to do with this. We're also starting to see some hints about what it was that made the class hate teachers... and once again, it looks like it's going to be a different background story than in any previous version. It's kinda funny that no two versions have the same reasons for the class' problems.

Anyway, thumbs up from me. Can't wait for next week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:50 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Ugly Pig wrote:
I'm surprised at Kikuchi, though. I thought he was starting to come around... I guess not. To have him still oppose Onizuka (and Sakurai!! What is going on there?!) this far in is a big departure for his character compared to all earlier versions. Very curious to see what they're going to do with this. We're also starting to see some hints about what it was that made the class hate teachers... and once again, it looks like it's going to be a different background story than in any previous version. It's kinda funny that no two versions have the same reasons for the class' problems.

Yeah... I really wonder what they have in store for him. In the manga, Kikuchi was one of the easiest for Onizuka to get on his side. Here something entirely different is going on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 pm 
I post a lot!

Foobie57 wrote:

In the manga, when her secret was revealed...she made Miyabi suffer with the website, she felt Onizuka betrayed her also, and she decided to kill herself knowing that she will receive no punishment for her terrorism. Wonder if something similat will happen in ep8??

I really hope they follow that as it was my fav arc in the manga

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm 
Catching up!

nosajj wrote:
Foobie57 wrote:

In the manga, when her secret was revealed...she made Miyabi suffer with the website, she felt Onizuka betrayed her also, and she decided to kill herself knowing that she will receive no punishment for her terrorism. Wonder if something similat will happen in ep8??

I really hope they follow that as it was my fav arc in the manga

I love the ending of it when Kanzaki and Onizuka are naked in the ambulance, and she puts his hands on her breasts, and Onizuka is dreaming about the hostess.

Ugly Pig wrote:

Anyway, thumbs up from me. Can't wait for next week.

The background of the student killing herself is similar to the anime arc.
I wonder if Takumi will be involved since he's Kikuchi's best friend.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:13 am 
Banzai!

Foobie57 wrote:
The student who jumped looked female.

(I'm tired...so correct if I'm wrong or add your 2 cents/yen/won/quid/sheckel/2 million Zimbabwe dollars to this)

Well Miyabi was up there so I think it might be her who makes her Jump

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 am 
Banzai!

RealOne wrote:
Ugly Pig wrote:

Yeah... I really wonder what they have in store for him. In the manga, Kikuchi was one of the easiest for Onizuka to get on his side. Here something entirely different is going on.

1998 Version he was Changed in the 2nd Epsiode.

I think the Teacher they hate is the Director

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am 
Newcomer

:idea: IMO I think they will insert Mayu's arc into Kikuchi's arc. That will explain his connection with Sakurai. I won't be surprised if the mysterious student who killed himself is Mayu and Kikuchi decided to take revenge on sakurai since Mayu committed suicide because of Sakurai presumably.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 pm 
Newcomer

I beg to differ. The whole idea that Kikuchi has a grudge against Sakurai and the presence of Tokiwa Ai in the series sort of suggests to me that there may be involvement of the Angels later on in the series. Definitely is something big though

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:21 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

To be honest I don't think we have enough time for the angels...