It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Post subject: GTO 2012 - Episode 6 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:10 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Can't believe we're at episode 6 already. But we're at episode 6 already! As always, spoiler rules:

-If you discuss the episode before subs are out, please use spoiler tags
-If you are the first person in the thread to post about the episode after subs have come out, please put a big SPOILER WARNING in your post, which will act as a warning for the rest of the thread.

Discuss!

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 6 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:51 am 
Banzai!

Wait for the Subs as its too Hard to Understand

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 am 
Newcomer

I don't know it's spoilers or not. It's about the next episode but I'm gonna put it in spoiler tag anyways...

Spoiler:
Next episode is finally about Kanzaki Urumi!!!

It's funny how we didn't get Kikuchi's episode yet. Kikuchi this version is really hard head isn't he? lol

Btw, the theme songs already came out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 am 
Catching up!

Just finished watching it....not really gonna critique it, but a few little notes...but...
Since we all noticed the car in the ep6 preview at the end of 05....anyone know what is the make of the car?

Spoiler:
Poor Murai in the beginning.
Episode was pretty much GTF.
Got to see Uchiyamada's wife and his cute daughter.
I like the little interaction between Yoshikawa and Anko
The Tomoko scene made me laugh.
Not much Miyabi.
Teshigawara is pretty evil for a teacher....
Liked how Uchiyamada's family offerings flashed before his eyes

Yup....Kanzaki and the test is next!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:48 am 
Banzai!

thumbster wrote:
I don't know it's spoilers or not. It's about the next episode but I'm gonna put it in spoiler tag anyways...

Spoiler:
Next episode is finally about Kanzaki Urumi!!!

It's funny how we didn't get Kikuchi's episode yet. Kikuchi this version is really hard head isn't he? lol

Btw, the theme songs already came out.

Why is the Start in English and they sing in Japanese?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 am 
Newcomer

DaveTheMan wrote:

Because it's Japanese song...

Japanese people always think it's cool to have some English narrator in something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:54 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

thumbster wrote:

If it's about the next episode then it's definitely a spoiler. You were right to put it in tags. ;)

DaveTheMan wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of J-pop...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

No subs today, but Ericparo is working on them. I'm guessing we'll see them tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 am 
Banzai!

Ugly Pig wrote:
No subs today, but Ericparo is working on them. I'm guessing we'll see them tomorrow.

Well I would think so

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:24 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Subs are out. I'll go watch it now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:16 pm 

Spoilers from episode 6 from here on out

This was a great episode overall. We got great development on Fuyutsuki and finally Uchiyamada, his family and luxury car. Felt like they rushed some things in here though, like the horror trip thing. In the manga and anime, that was quite the chapter, here it was over within 3 minutes and didn't serve the plot whatsoever. Also, Fuyutsuki complaining about her boobs being too small was sort of anti-climatic... Oh Well. Great Urumi at the end. The cat fight's on!

8.5/10

Would have been a 9 if it wasn't so overdramatic about Fuyutsuki's small boobs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Lots of good stuff this episode. The beginning of the Teshigawara stalker thing (and I was pleasantly surprised to see it not neatly wrapped up within a single episode), a different and original way to pay off the embezzlement story (until now, I actually thought we were meant to assume he made the money back by selling Tomoko merchandise!), lots of Fuyutsuki development, and even a fair bit of Uchiyamada - both his car and his family (and is it me, or did his wife even look like she does in the manga?). We get some nods to the Okinawa arc - anyone else catch the Anko/Noboru thing in this ep? Obviously, there's the shorter story of Kujirakawa mixed in as well as the chapter about the girls bullying Fuyutsuki - the boat scene was from that chapter as well, IIRC.

And finally, Urumi's arc begins! Anyone notice she was humming Tsubasa wo Kudasai when she was balancing on the edge? I wonder if that was an intentional reference to the fact that she was in the same class as Tomoko and Miyabi in grade school (in which case; that's awesome), or if the producers of this drama just really love that song.

There were a few things I didn't like so much. Onizuka throwing Fuyutsuki out of the boat - that's clearly inspired by the scene in the 1998 drama's Teshigawara episode where he throws her in the fountain, but in that version she kind of had it coming. The Fuyutsuki in this version is too sweet and innocent seeming for me to buy that Onizuka would think she deserves that kind of treatment. Combined with the fact that she was bullied by having water thrown on her... yeah, that comes across as perhaps a bit too insensitive.

Teshigawara sitting still as if paralyzed throughout the entire climax? How about pretending you're there to help, you idiot, instead of totally giving away the fact that you're the culprit? And arguing with Fuyutsuki that she should let the student fall to her death? Really?!? Teshi's supposed to be crazy, not stupid.

Fuyutsuki giving that whole speech while holding back that wire. Yeah. I don't think so.

I disliked Kujirakawa. Not the actress, but the character. Fuyutsuki didn't understand how you felt? Boo hoo, that's certainly enough reason to ruin her life. Sorry, but I couldn't believe for a second that she'd be that easily manipulated.

Having said that, those are nitpicks. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, and I'm very much looking forward to Urumi next week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:05 pm 
I post a lot!

Great development for Fuyutsuki. This episode focuses on her and a lot less Onizuka, which worked pretty well. Having a notebook profile on students is such a cute Fuyutsuki thing to do.

I'm very impressed that they somehow managed to include Onizuka saving a falling student onto Uchiyamada's car and totally destroys it, it was very awesome. Looks like Onizuka has created two very powerful enemies in this episode: Uchiyamada (even more so) and Teshigawara.

Having the horror story part wasn't necessary but it did showcase some of the student's personality: Tomoko as a slow but caring type, Urumi as a smart not easily deceived type, plus some hints on NoboruxAnko and MuraixKuwae.

Ending with Urumi looks good, and it seems that it was slightly snowing (hints anyone?) or was it just heavy rain?

Ugly Pig wrote:
I disliked Kujirakawa. Not the actress, but the character. Fuyutsuki didn't understand how you felt? Boo hoo, that's certainly enough reason to ruin her life. Sorry, but I couldn't believe for a second that she'd be that easily manipulated.

It seems that at the beginning the girls were already planning to ruin Fuyutsuki's life anyway. Kuji seems reluctant to participate until that incident and it seems that she was just using it as an excuse for her actions (always telling herself she's not a bad person).

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

nosajj wrote:
It seems that at the beginning the girls were already planning to ruin Fuyutsuki's life anyway. Kuji seems reluctant to participate until that incident and it seems that she was just using it as an excuse for her actions (always telling herself she's not a bad person).

Yes, that is what made me dislike her. She knew damned well she was being a bitch, but she went along with it anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:43 pm 

Granted, I'm not a girl, but... Is having small breasts or being tall really that much of an issue? Maybe it's a cultural issue.