It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 pm

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 5 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:21 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

Just like stated it from other people above, the first half was dull but the second was pretty good.
Episode score: [ First half: 5/10, Second half: 9/10 ]

Onizuka's real nature is shows up a lot through Akira, simply great!
Fuyutsuki trying to be Onizuka's backup, finally some action between them as well
murai + onizuka interactions, finally they are getting friendly and act like pals (just like the anime and manga)
I have to say comparing to the manga version, i like this version 150 times more. I didn't like the way Fujisawa handled it on the manga at all making. Thankfully it got fixed in the drama :)
+ more i don't remember yet

Dislikes:
At some close ups the gun looked like a 1$ fake plastic gun
Seiya's actor didn't convince me at all. Was expecting something more from someone portaiting Seiya, maybe someone a little bit more advanced than the rest of the males in the class (a bit grown compared to the others) and also a aggressive attitude rather than the one of the none-talking type
German philosophy? The director is kinda going too far with that, mentioning it once or twice was ok but she gotta stop using it 2-3 times in every episode
At the end of the episode Riko and Miko seemed kinda too friendly to Onizuka. The fuck was that?? didn't expect that at all :lol:
Director answering "i don't know what teaching is"? Didn't expect that either. I was expecting something like: "You will have to find that yourself" or something.
Seiya's step father appearance after the tattoo shows up was really crap. Seriously? wasn't there a better way of getting him in the class? Why would he even go there? What did Seiya did to him that particular day that got him so fired up...

Btw, Riko and Miko would obviously not join the class because they are way younger compared to the others (at least in the manga).

I'd write more but I have university classes in 30 mins + most of the things i had to say were already mentioned above.

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 5 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

SenseiBanzai wrote:
I have to say comparing to the manga version, i like this version 150 times more. I didn't like the way Fujisawa handled it on the manga at all making. Thankfully it got fixed in the drama :)

Well, that is surprising. I still haven't finished the Seiya arc in the manga so I can't really figure out what you didn't like about it though. I'm curious now.

SenseiBanzai wrote:
At the end of the episode Riko and Miko seemed kinda too friendly to Onizuka. The fuck was that?? didn't expect that at all :lol:

To be fair, he did save them from Ichinose. Who knows what he intended to do with them after killing Seiya.

SenseiBanzai wrote:
Director answering "i don't know what teaching is"? Didn't expect that either. I was expecting something like: "You will have to find that yourself" or something.

I don't want to give anything away, but this version has some development for her that wasn't in other versions.