It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Post subject: Re: GTO 2012 - Episode 5 Discussion (Includes Spoilers!)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:43 pm 
Newcomer

I lol so hard everytime Miyabi just appears anywhere Onizuka goes. It's like she's Onizuka stalker.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Well, that was new. A GTO story that doesn't have a happy ending. Well, that is, Onizuka makes friends with Seiya and all that of course, but Seiya doesn't get a happy reunion with his mother - in fact, as it turns out, she's a horrible horrible person who not only ends up choosing an abusive boyfriend over her own son, she also goes along with that man's plan to have her son killed. OUCH.

A couple of negatives about this episodes - Ichinose was played way over the top, he was like a cartoon character. Miko and Riko too, to be honest, though not as bad. Other than that - I liked pretty much everything about this episode. No swimming contest between Onizuka and Fukuroda, sadly, but there were other funny moments. And, surprisingly, plenty of screen time for characters other than the trouble student of the week. Murai and Fuyutsuki, in particular, had some nice scenes. Miyabi, Urumi, Kikuchi... I really wonder where they're going to go with these characters now.

DaveTheMan wrote:
Intresting that they are going to Join the Show and Probably be in Onziuka Class

Hmm, I don't think they will. I'm not sure, but I saw their talking about joining as more of a wish on their part than something that's actually going to happen.

DaveTheMan wrote:
Epsiode 6 Trailer did not give many hints what is coming up

Unless I'm mistaken, the next episode will be
Spoiler:
a mix between the manga chapter where Fuyutsuki is being bullied by girl students, and the Teshigawara arc... Should be very interesting indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:25 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

DaveTheMan wrote:
-There was no Boob Action in the Swimming Scense as the Chicks where Flat Chested :(

Let me remind you of this young lady ;)

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm 
Newcomer

DaveTheMan wrote:
Epsiode 6 Trailer did not give many hints what is coming up

for episode 06 i think we will se uchiyamada cresta, onizuka teaching some things to fuyutsuki like the meaning of being a teacher ( i think)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Oh yeah, I didn't think to mention this before but - White Swan appears!! I absolutely didn't think we'd see that in the drama since the S14D characters have been placed in Onizuka's class.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:45 am 
Banzai!

bandit_legend wrote:
DaveTheMan wrote:
-There was no Boob Action in the Swimming Scense as the Chicks where Flat Chested :(

Let me remind you of this young lady ;)

Spoiler:

WOW

Didn't see here in this episode in her Bathers :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 am 
Catching up!

At least Onizuka had that dolphin!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 am 
I post a lot!

As someone who has not read this arc to completion in S14D, the end came as a complete surprise to me. It was good that it was different and unfortunately, things like this does occur in reality. As for the twins, I thought their inclusion wasn't necessary (I don't know how big of a role they played in the manga).

Seiya's arc didn't have that much content and I felt that this episode was more for setting up future episodes, Urumi (potential clash with Miyabi), Kikuchi and especially Fuyutsuki.

Saejima once again, the guy playing him is hilarious.

Completed: Re: Animal Joe; Adesugata Junjou Boy; Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: Shonan Seven; GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 am 
Banzai!

nosajj wrote:
Saejima once again, the guy playing him is hilarious.

I find him a Bit Weird and Looks a Bit Gay :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 pm 

Gonna watch it soon... Late to the party this time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:47 pm 
Catching up!

I liked how Onizuka appeared out of nowhere when Seiya was practicing his aim.
I laughed a little when Fukuroda was limp in the water towards the end of the pool scene.
Uchiyamada holding a bottle rocket in the car scene in the preview (Can't even see the make of the car)
Urumi is my favorite character in the manga, I wonder how her character will end up in the drama.
Kawaguchi's Miyabi is so wicked, she didn't even care what would happen to Seiya.

I've been pondering about who is more badass.... Onizuka or Yajima Kintaro?

Almost halfway done with the drama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 am 

Is Fukuroda meant to be bad at swimming in this version?

The step father just happens to visit on the day that everyone sees the tattoo. Not a very convincing coincidence.

I don't think the girls acting as Riko and Miko are very good. In the manga they were quite strong characters, but in this they're like frail little stick women who looked like cheap street whores in their makeup at night lol.

Seiya pulling his gun out in broad daylight while he's peering around the corner out the front of the snack bar. Ridiculous.

Ok so I had high hopes for this episode, and to be honest while I still thought it was decent, the first half of the episode didn't really match my expectations. Having said this, I probably got a little too excited for the episode so my exceptions were probably unrealistically high. However, during the last quarter of the episode I must say I was quite blown away. They changed a lot in this story, but instead of toning it down they actually made some things more brutal. The abandonment of Seiya by his mother was really rough. It dealt with some pretty strong themes here, not something I would expect from this kind of drama. The story was simply tragic. And Onizuka's moment with Seiya after his mother runs off after the boyfriend. It was really quite touching. I think it was the greatest moment of this drama so far. Seeing Seiya smashing the crap of Onizuka was a great touch too, although I would have liked to see Onizuka get a bit bloodied up or something, cause his face just looked normal every time he got hit lol. But regardless, it was a strong scene. Shirahama Alan was downright great as Seiya, I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 am 

bandit_legend wrote:
Is Fukuroda meant to be bad at swimming in this version?

The step father just happens to visit on the day that everyone sees the tattoo. Not a very convincing coincidence.

I don't think the girls acting as Riko and Miko are very good. In the manga they were quite strong characters, but in this they're like frail little stick women who looked like cheap street whores in their makeup at night lol.

Seiya pulling his gun out in broad daylight while he's peering around the corner out the front of the snack bar. Ridiculous.

Ok so I had high hopes for this episode, and to be honest while I still thought it was decent, the first half of the episode didn't really match my expectations. Having said this, I probably got a little too excited for the episode so my exceptions were probably unrealistically high. However, during the last quarter of the episode I must say I was quite blown away. They changed a lot in this story, but instead of toning it down they actually made some things more brutal. The abandonment of Seiya by his mother was really rough. It dealt with some pretty strong themes here, not something I would expect from this kind of drama. The story was simply tragic. And Onizuka's moment with Seiya after his mother runs off after the boyfriend. It was really quite touching. I think it was the greatest moment of this drama so far. Seeing Seiya smashing the crap of Onizuka was a great touch too, although I would have liked to see Onizuka get a bit bloodied up or something, cause his face just looked normal every time he got hit lol. But regardless, it was a strong scene. Shirahama Alan was downright great as Seiya, I thought.

Basically, this. Sums up my thoughts exactly. Also, Saejima ftw, and next episode we finally get some Uchiyamada action it seems, though I doubt they'll go as deep as the manga/anime/old drama did with that whole thing.

But yeah, pulling out that gun in daylight almost ruined the whole episode for me. But it went great after that.

7.5/10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:20 pm 
I post a lot!

But seeing the class' reaction (especially Murai), it seems that they already knew about the tattoo. It was more like they were shocked to see it exposed to a teacher.

Completed: Re: Animal Joe; Adesugata Junjou Boy; Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: Shonan Seven; GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:04 pm 

Oh guys, that was a great episode for me!
I agree with the lame daylight gun showing by seiya, but almost everything else was spot on.
- great Akira as usual, i laughed hard when he was confronted by those Yakuza, acted cool, threw the newspaper and then suddenly said "I'm sorry" ahahaha. :lol:
- Saejima perfect as usual.
- Fuyutsuki is more important, and more involved with Onizuka now. I like this, as i said in one of my previous reviews, they built her character nicely. she was shy and not involved at first, but now she's an important character and in the next episode we will finally see her in the spotlight
- Kudos to Shirahama Aran. He did good, and it wasn't easy. He made a good work conveying the feelings of the abandoned guy.
- I agree with my friend B_l: they actually made some things more brutal in the whole storyline. the mother didn't even care if ther son was killed. Onizuka even said that there are some parents in this world that are just useless. That's an important message we could discuss on, too. I think it would be cool.
- Onizuka talking with seiya was one of the most touching moment of the drama so far. Well done. Seiya doesn't beat the crap out of some random guy, he starts beating Onizuka himself. That was a good change from Shonan 14 days too.
Next episode, Fuyutsuki bullying! i'm looking forward to it!