It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTO: Paradise Lost (new GTO sequel)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Cypher! Nice to see you pop in again! I haven't been around here very much these days either, so it's cool to see some members of the old gang again :)

I hope we'll get full-fledged "GTO 2" out of this, but I'm a bit doubtful. Mainly because we've started with a flashback again like Shonan 14 Days... Gives me a feeling it's just another short side-story...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 pm 
Awesome!

Hey man, good to see the old place is still around and looking pretty good (although of course some more forumites would be a great thing) ^_^
I had meant to pop in more regularly back when 14 Days was getting started, but for whatever reason life didn't seem to accommodate that...

I see your point about this perhaps not amounting to a full-length sequel; if that's what happened with 14 Days, I guess the greater likelihood is that it'll be the same. A pity really, because as I'm sure you and I would be amongst the first to state Onizuka (et al) has a lot of mileage as a character, and Fujisawa seems to have been keener on doing dribs and drabs with the characters (Ryuji, Saejima and some others, from what I gathered from the forum) than setting up a complete series... still, we may be lucky! I guess though that now he's married and has a kid (is it still only one? I've lost track!) his priorities are a little different, but he DOES need to put food on the table and Onizuka would seem to be the best option in that regard. That said, I don't doubt he's pretty rich from his previous successes, so that might not be an issue at all.

Doko no kumi no monja, ware. Sumaki ni shite shizume taroka, kora!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:02 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

bandit_legend wrote:
I hope we'll get full-fledged "GTO 2" out of this, but I'm a bit doubtful. Mainly because we've started with a flashback again like Shonan 14 Days... Gives me a feeling it's just another short side-story...

Well, it was nine volumes long. Shorter than GTO, sure, but not what I'd call a short manga otherwise... especially from Fujisawa (how many series has he done that only lasted a few volumes?). Also keep in mind that the original GTO was supposed to only last ten volumes, but the editor pressured him to make it longer once it became a big hit... Honestly I don't think Fujisawa wants to do long series like SJG anymore. Personally, I'll just be happy we're getting any new GTO and enjoy it for however long it'll last.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 am 
I post a lot!

It's seems that Fujisawa's style is to initially make it short and extend if it's a hit. I'm sure he would extend his recent series if they're popular enough, but unfortunately most of them don't seem to be doing that well, hence only 1-2 volumes. But then again, even if he wanted to make it longer, if the series is not popular enough, the publisher would tell him to axe it and he has a set number of chapters to wrap everything up.

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:04 am 
Newcomer

It's just 2 years after GTO. Maybe those students from GTO are still in the school ? ( as high schooler ? )

I kinda wish there would add a lot of old characters into this. I really wanna see more story about those kids from Gto and Oni :(

when i grew up i saw this GTO anime on tv , it was funny but i didn't care a lot untill many years later i saw the shonan manga after i read it i realize its prequel for GTO. So i decided to revisit the GTO after that. I really like the relationship him and his students ..... but im guessing it's gonna be him and new set of students while his old students will be just camelo.... like those previous SJN characters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

punny wrote:
It's just 2 years after GTO. Maybe those students from GTO are still in the school ? ( as high schooler ? )

I was thinking about this before, and yeah, they should still be around. It's the same school, and the timing is right. Meaning characters from Onizuka's old class could appear as much or as little as Fujisawa wants them to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:34 am 

Remember though, at the start of S14D I think Murai and Fujiyoshi were talking about how most of their classmates are moving to a different high school.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

bandit_legend wrote:
Remember though, at the start of S14D I think Murai and Fujiyoshi were talking about how most of their classmates are moving to a different high school.

I think he said 1/4, so most of them should still be around. In any case, it leaves room for Fujisawa to reintroduce whoever he wants to from the old class.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 pm 

Ugly Pig wrote:
bandit_legend wrote:

I think he said 1/4, so most of them should still be around. In any case, it leaves room for Fujisawa to reintroduce whoever he wants to from the old class.

Need. More. Ai Tokiwa. Now. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 pm 
Awesome!

With that scenario in mind (the GTO students still being around so Fujisawa can use those he wants to bring into the story) it'd be interesting to see exactly who he considers to be 'fan favourites' or ones people would actually want to see, and which mightn't make an appearance at all... on the other hand (possibly more likely) that wouldn't be a factor at all and it'd be purely dictated by the direction taken by the storyline. I guess plenty of the students had their own stories that had more mileage should he wish to use those, however unlikely it'd be in a manga dealing with a whole new class. Interesting to see how it'll all go!

Doko no kumi no monja, ware. Sumaki ni shite shizume taroka, kora!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 am 

Seeing as idols are the theme for this series, perhaps we'll be seeing Tomoko and Mayu again...?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

bandit_legend wrote:
Seeing as idols are the theme for this series, perhaps we'll be seeing Tomoko and Mayu again...?

is this related to chapter 2? Cause I don't remember reading anything about it in chapter 1

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:28 am 

Yeah... sorry its a small spoiler I thought wouldn't be too harmful mentioning.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:54 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

I didn't mind much ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:58 am 
Newcomer

Grand Theft Onizuka

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next