It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Post subject: Favorite part? [Thread contains spoilers]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:11 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Of all the manga, what part is your favorite?

For me, it's gotta be the chapters about Yoshikawa and Anko. Other chapters that really appeal to me are those about Saejima. When I think about how many awesome chapters GTO has, I can't help but smile.

Last edited by RealOne on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:58 pm 
X JAPAN fan

I love the part with Anko n' yoshikawa ^^

I also love the end of the manga ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 pm 
Newcomer

I enjoyed most every moment of the manga, but the funnest to go back and read is the Teshigawara arc where he finally snaps. Comedy gold.

"That could be construed as suspicious."

I also love when Azusa tries to give herself a makeover and totally fails. :( What a cutie.

The Saejima chapters are also great fun to read. THE POOR PANDAS.

And every time the Cresta gets destroyed.

SORRY I CAN'T CHOOSE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:20 pm 

Hehe, welcome to the forums Ivy! Enjoy your stay!
Yeah, it's hard to choose, because there are no bad chapters in the entire series! I also like the ones with Sakurai-sensei and his childhood/poop-fetish funny/interesting stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:27 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you! Doesn't look like you guys are very active.

Sakurai is super creepy. I thought it was interesting that they showed his fetish stemming from his bitterness toward women rejecting him, so he enjoyed seeing them in humiliating and "dirty" situations.

That school is full of crazy teachers, though. It makes me grateful my high school was relatively boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm 

Ivy wrote:
Thank you! Doesn't look like you guys are very active.

Mmm, it's been like this recently. Everyone left, and we have had server problems, and even domain change. People can't find their way here anymore. It used to be much more active. I wouldnt have reached 3100 posts if it was as "dead" as it is now. I still hope people will come back. I may send a mass-email soon.

Ivy wrote:
That school is full of crazy teachers, though. It makes me grateful my high school was relatively boring.

Hehe, I wouldn't mind some excitement. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 pm 
Newcomer

I'm sure a domain name change can be confusing. How long ago was that? Definitely send a mass e-mail to let people know what's up. It can't hurt any. It's a shame I arrived after the party's already over.

I left high school after sophomore year because of how boring it was, but I definitely wouldn't have preferred teachers like Sakurai as an alternative. Too many crazy shenanigans at that school. While it's fun to read about, I can't imagine myself doing well in that environment. And as much as I like Onizuka as a character, I think I would hate him as a teacher.

I think another one of my favourite moments was Onizuka rescuing Daimon from the school fire. The stuffed seagull taped to her back was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 pm 

How long... I think it's been a year. <_<
However, I still don't want to declare the forum dead. There is still hope. The fact that you registered and posted is proof of that.

I did send a mass e-mail when we moved here. It got a few people back, but they left again. ;_; I'm gonna send a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:16 pm 
Newcomer

Haha, I'll do what I can to stay active, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 pm 

I'm the one at fault, i haven't done anything lately to advertise the forum and the website!! :cry: :cry:
By the way, welcome to the forum Ivy! It's good to see another GTO enthusiast around!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:19 pm 
I post a lot!

Welcome Ivy!

I agree, the Yoshikawa and Anko parts were very good. One of my favourite parts in the manga was in the Mayu arc where Onizuka was arm wrestling all those punks and these random beasts came up to take on Onizuka. I cracked up when Heihachi stepped up and someone told him to do the Mishima combo.

Completed: Re: Animal Joe; Adesugata Junjou Boy; Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: Shonan Seven; GTO: Paradise Lost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 am 

Ah great, some activity! We should make an effort to keep this sort of thing up! People have to start getting creative and making new interesting topics like this! I'll try my best to come up with some stuff.

Anyway back on topic
I'd have to say that I love every moment in the series when Onizuka's about to kick ass and does. For example, I loved the kidnapping of Fuyutsuki / last Teshigawara arc. Onizuka really goes all out there. Although I didn't like the first Teshigawara arc as much on a whole, I really enjoyed the part where Onizuka annihilates those Yakuza and saves Ota Hidemi.

On the other side of things though, I can't say I'm too fond of parts in the series that stray a little too far from reality. Personally I find that I can enjoy a story more when it's as realistic as possible. Partly because of this I'd have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the Mayu arc. Although I kind of found the beginning entertaining, the whole scene at the club strayed a little too far from the realm of reality. Also, I found that Onizuka seemed a little out of character too every now and then. One example that comes to mind is when and just after he first confronts Mayu.

Oh and welcome to the forums Ivy! It may seem a bit dead here at the moment but believe me, this place is full of very nice people. Perhaps the nicest! It is difficult when a forums centered on a series that has long been finished, but we'll try our best to generate some riveting discussion once again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:15 am 

bandit_legend wrote:

On the other side of things though, I can't say I'm too fond of parts in the series that stray a little too far from reality. Personally I find that I can enjoy a story more when it's as realistic as possible. Partly because of this I'd have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the Mayu arc. Although I kind of found the beginning entertaining, the whole scene at the club strayed a little too far from the realm of reality. Also, I found that Onizuka seemed a little out of character too every now and then. One example that comes to mind is when and just after he first confronts Mayu.

I agree. Those chapters lack a bit, but they're still a good read!! Another like that are those when Onizuka runs down walls, first with Urumi and then with Miyabi near the end. Is that really possible? I really doubt it. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 am 

I would go with Onizuka's Test... and the Okinawa arc. There's something in these two part that feels "new" everytime i read them. The Okinawa arc is like the school trip everyone dreams for. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 pm 
X JAPAN fan

Welcome Ivy !