It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:23 am

Post subject: A few Questions...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 am 
Catching up!

I'll just post one first because I cannot be bothered trying to remember the rest but anyway:
Who actually says or thinks those thoughts where there are black letters?
I can't type it out right but i can try and make it more clear later.
Eg. Last GTO 1 book:Last chapter: When we grow older I wonder how we will remember this place called school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Good quetsion. Could be any of teh students or perhaps Onizuka. OR it's nobody, the manga speaks to you how you will remember school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm 
Catching up!

Oh okay so that's how it is. I'll post up another question bit later. And thanks.

Post subject: Another Question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:19 am 
Catching up!

I didn't get it when Mayu said he'd get his revenge in volume 23 or 24 or somethiong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:25 am 

Yeah none of us get it either. There's a topic about it somewhere here I'm pretty sure.

One theory is that pages or even a chapter was cut from Fujisawa's original story somehow. Mayu's backstory is very broad-brushed in general.
Maybe Kodansha thought it was too explicit for a Shonen series, what with things like drug abuse etc, and forced Fujisawa to rethink his story :?

Another funny thing that happened with the manga are these colour pages have been moved around from placed to place in different editions of the series. These depict Miyabi waking up in shock and going downstairs to tell her father that she wants to leave school. I bought a copy of the original publication in Shonan Magazine and the pages appear smack in the middle of the final Teshigawara arc. I can't excactly remember where, but it appears in the Tankouban in a different spot, and then in the Conbini reprint in a different spot again. Also, what miyabi says differs between each. The strange thing though, is that this seeming plot development is never followed through. It's said that Fujisawa is one to go over his work making changes again and again, and his original manuscripts are always caked with layers of white-out. Maybe these things could be a result of something like that? Maybe he originally planned to take the story in one direction but then desided against it later... Maybe the first idea was even published in Shonen Magazine? Take a look at Reverend D for example. The difference between what was published in its magazine and what came out in its Tank is huge. Maybe the same thing happened with GTO...? It makes me want to collect all the issues of Magazine it was ever in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am 
Catching up!

wow, (i'm gonna have to count how many times I say that today) but how can we collect all those magazines?
It's also weird how you said GTO may have changed corse in the direction it was heading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm 

Seeing as it was written chapter by chapter over the course of 5 years its not a big stretch to think Fujisawa made changes to original story concepts along the way.
As for collecting the magazines... well it's not an easy task to say the least. It would be time consuming and expensive, not to mention highly demanding of physical free space. We're talking roughly 260 phone book sized books here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 am 
Catching up!

oh dear...and im not exactly the richest person in the world...I'm not even allowed to sometimes buy books.