It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Post subject: Re: Shonan Seven - the Shonan Jun'ai Gumi sequel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:56 pm 
Newcomer

I can try to make a quick summary guys, I can read and talk japanese.

If anyone of you is interested.

Spoiler:
Protagonist's name is Kurokami Ikki and is going to Tsujidou High School, like Onizuka and Danma went ( Although I don't know the timeline. )
The Big guy is name Gouriki Hajime.

Ikki : Hey, big bro ? What does it mean to be badass ?
Man : badass ?
Ikki : I mean a real man.

Man : Ikki... A Strong, Big man. A man who can protect you by showing his back to you.
Than kind of man.

Ikki : Do you think I can become one of thoses ?

Timeskip, around 10 years.

Teenage Ikki read a ero book with big boobs

He gets scoled by Kakisawa Yuuka for talking about big boobs.
He calls Yuuka small boobs and gets punched.

Some dude talks to him about someone famous named Nakajima from Kamakura, someone famous he says.
He asks if Ikki is involved in the Shonan Seven Selection.

Ikki says that the Shonan Seven Selection is the dream of every real man.

Shonan seven is a fighting tournament dealing with 7 fighters each from the Shonan's 7 greatest High School.
To decided the strongest High School. The winner will also have 7 Z1R bikes as a prize. He will also be known as Shonan's Strongest Man during one full year ( It's implied the tournament is every years. )

A battle rages to decide the one who will be Tsujidou High School's fighter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Yagami1211 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ikki : Do you think I can become one of thoses ?

Timeskip, around 10 years.

Teenage Ikki read a ero book with big boobs

Well, it's easy to tell who wrote this manga. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Interesting. I wonder if anyone we know from SJG will be mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

It's sad that the manga was released in January and no translating group bothered with it yet :(

So, I really appreciate the transcript you've provided, Yagami1211!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:38 am 
I post a lot!

First half of chapter 1 has been released 8)

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven
Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 pm 
I post a lot!

Just providing you guys with quick summaries for the second half of chapter 1 and chapter 2:

Chapter 01B
Spoiler:
- More about Shonan Seven - A yearly competition held in Shonan amongst the high schools in the area for the title of Shonan's strongest (possibly inspired by the fight at the end of SJG perhaps?)
- Winners are bestowed seven identical white Kawasaki Z1R, resembling those seen in flashbacks of Ikki's brother's jacket and a headband. Currently , Tsujido is considered invincible.
- Ikki is caught smoking by the gym teacher, Gano Rikiya (who resembles Minamino from SJG, wearing sunnies and a white jacket)
- Ikki shows up to the welcoming ceremony with slap marks on his face (presumeably given by the gym teacher)
- He runs into the bespectacled white haired student who watched him fight the thug earlier (the white haired kid is also featured on the cover pages)
- At the ceremony, he questions his friend, Kouji Tanizaki (student with ponytail, also featured on cover pages) about the white haired kid.
- Ikki is approached by some third years (who notes that he is physically large for his age) who questions him on his earlier statements in regards to the Shonan Seven selection and the white haired kid interrupts them and strikes the third years down.
- In class, Ikki has an argument with Gouriki again and they discover the white haired kid is in their class.
- The third years from earlier take ikki, Gouriki and the white haired kid (revealed to be Kamijo Shiro) to the roof and Shiro takes down four of the thugs with ease, earning the admiration of Ikki
- They are watched from another higher building by Madoka (the model in the ecchi magazine Ikki was reading at the beginning, she is also featured on the cover pages!), who talks to her brother (whose face is hidden) about the Shonan Seven selection.
- Madoka mentions the the blonde boy, Ikki, is the younger brother of that legendary person (possibly the person in the flashback?).
- All main characters are introduced: Kurokami Ikki (main protagonist), Kakisawa Yuuka (Ikki's childhood friend who keeps him in check), Gouriki Hajime (gorilla guy, rival of Ikki), Kouji Tanizaki (Ikki's friend/sidekick), Kamiji Shiro (mysterious and a strong fighter), Madoka Kiryuuin (model/idol that is interested in the main protagonist).

Chapter 02
Spoiler:
- Starts with the conclusion of the fight (Shiro knocks down the entire gang).
- A satisfied Madoka walks off as the wind blows and reveals her panties (it's a Fujisawa manga after all).
- We cut to the girl's locker room, where Ikki is spying on the girls whilst they're changing, through a hole made by Kouji.
- They are caught Yuuka, who knocks down the wall and the boys take off (whilst being watched by Madoka).
- Running gag with Gouriki as he is drawn to be gorilla-like at times.
- Madoka approaches Ikki and tells him how impressed she was in regards to the rooftop clash (Ikki is flustered and can only stare at her large cleavage).
- In the corridor, Ikki runs into one of the current Shonan Seven, a third year named Takizawa, who knocks Ikki down with ease. Ikki tries to fight back but is stopped by Kouji.
- Takizawa goes to meet with the Shonan Seven leader (face hidden but he wears the jacket) and tells the leader that rookies are need to be put in their place.
- The leader reminds Takizawa that the selection process will soon begin - each school selects their representatives using any criteria they desire (it is revealed that some schools don't enlist first years, but this is not the case at Tsujido). A mail box is created by the school's third years, in which anyone interested will insert a piece of paper with their name, class and email. They are contacted by challengers (using a selection system) notifying them of time and location of the battle. The fights are bare handed and all challenges will be duels.
- If a first year defeats their challenger, they are again tested with a second fight.
- Ikko has previously failed to make the selection but he is not disheartened and signs up, along with Gouriki and Shiro.
- Shiro and Ikki go at it in the hallway and after a series of impressive moves, it ends in a draw. They are watched by a student, who calls up Madoka (who is currently at a dance class).

Completed: Oishii Kamishama; Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:49 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

I've reached the final translated chapter for this one, I must say it's really refreshing reading this, hopefully Fujisawa will continue writing it's story

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:34 pm 
Newcomer

Sharing the latest raw chapters (36 to 50), almost 3 volumes were released since the last translated one :

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f2h9uq0 ... an%20Seven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:11 am 
I post a lot!

Yep been a bit busy with several projects so haven't had a chance to continue the Shonan Seven translations