It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Post subject: Re: I cant find most volumes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Actually the English volumes complete more than half the series. Just under 70% completed actually. Most of us who read the Tokyopop releases only have 30% left to go :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:12 pm 
Newcomer

is there any way to reach this %70? i am only able to read to chaper 149 with about 30 chapters missing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 am 
Great Forum Moderator~

exhornet wrote:
is there any way to reach this %70? i am only able to read to chaper 149 with about 30 chapters missing

you have to get Tokyopop's released volumes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 am 
Newcomer

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:30 am 
Catching up!

I had similar problem yesterday, I was reading the SJG manga chapter after chapter like a maniac (became Onizuka fan recently :P ) and then bam...
Chapters missing 123-143 and 153-179 now and the same problem is on other manga online websites. Gladly, there are SJG manga chapter descriptions on http://shonanjunaigumi.weebly.com/volume-14.html but it still wasn't enough to me.
Today though I found the missing chapters in Vietnam language. Tried to work it out with Google Translate but it didn't do the job, so I decided to use the chapter description to look at the storyline and check the Vietnam language SJG missing chapters at the same time. It's the best way to keep up with the SJG story I found so far. :P
I would appreciate if anyone could find the missing chapters in language that Google Translate can handle (for example Italian or French) or upload some English manga scans if you have. I would do it myself but I can't afford any of the SJG volumes right now.

For the English manga I use http://mangafox.me/manga/shounan_junai_gumi/ (I use it to read other GTO universe mangas for example GT-R and Ino-head Gargoyle)
For the Vietnam manga I use http://comicvn.net/truyen-tranh/shonan-junai-gumi-young-gto/chapter-123/100487

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:46 pm 

Jubar wrote:
I had similar problem yesterday, I was reading the SJG manga chapter after chapter like a maniac (became Onizuka fan recently :P ) and then bam...
Chapters missing 123-143 and 153-179 now and the same problem is on other manga online websites. Gladly, there are SJG manga chapter descriptions on http://shonanjunaigumi.weebly.com/volume-14.html but it still wasn't enough to me.
Today though I found the missing chapters in Vietnam language. Tried to work it out with Google Translate but it didn't do the job, so I decided to use the chapter description to look at the storyline and check the Vietnam language SJG missing chapters at the same time. It's the best way to keep up with the SJG story I found so far. :P
I would appreciate if anyone could find the missing chapters in language that Google Translate can handle (for example Italian or French) or upload some English manga scans if you have. I would do it myself but I can't afford any of the SJG volumes right now.

For the English manga I use http://mangafox.me/manga/shounan_junai_gumi/ (I use it to read other GTO universe mangas for example GT-R and Ino-head Gargoyle)
For the Vietnam manga I use http://comicvn.net/truyen-tranh/shonan-junai-gumi-young-gto/chapter-123/100487

Hmm, the full english manga should be somewhere on the Internet. Surely someone has scanned all the volumes, they always do. Personally, I managed to buy all the official ENglish volumes and I love 'em.

Also, pretty cool that you use shonanjunaigumi.weebly.com. It is made and hosted by a regular at these forums, nosajj!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:17 pm 
Catching up!

RealOne wrote:
Hmm, the full english manga should be somewhere on the Internet. Surely someone has scanned all the volumes, they always do. Personally, I managed to buy all the official ENglish volumes and I love 'em.

Well I can't find any of the missing chapters on "reading manga online" kind of websites like mangafox.me, I checked lots of them (all the Google search results pages lol) and many of them lacks the very same missing SJG chapters (the rest uploaded only 117 chapters in total or even less) so I am out of ideas where to look at.

RealOne wrote:
Also, pretty cool that you use shonanjunaigumi.weebly.com. It is made and hosted by a regular at these forums, nosajj!

Yeah, I think I've seen few his posts here and on mangafox forums as well. Good to know. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:37 pm 

Jubar wrote:
RealOne wrote:

Well I can't find any of the missing chapters on "reading manga online" kind of websites like mangafox.me, I checked lots of them (all the Google search results pages lol) and many of them lacks the very same missing SJG chapters (the rest uploaded only 117 chapters in total or even less) so I am out of ideas where to look at.

RealOne wrote:

Yeah, I think I've seen few his posts here and on mangafox forums as well. Good to know. :D

Man that is strange. I wonder why they don't exist, I mean, every other manga that has been officially translated can be found online, so why not SJG? This reminds me of the Ino-Head and GT-R situation when no scanlators would translate them for some reason.

Maybe Fujisawa's work isn't as popular as I thought. Hmm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 pm 
Catching up!

RealOne wrote:
Man that is strange. I wonder why they don't exist, I mean, every other manga that has been officially translated can be found online, so why not SJG? This reminds me of the Ino-Head and GT-R situation when no scanlators would translate them for some reason.

Yeah, i realized that it's hard to find the GT-R chapters 11 and up, the Ino-Head Gargoyle is being updated at mangafox.me though.
RealOne wrote:
Maybe Fujisawa's work isn't as popular as I thought. Hmm.

Or maybe too many people are waiting for the scanlations instead of purchasing the SJG and do the scanlations themself. :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:33 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Jubar wrote:
Yeah, i realized that it's hard to find the GT-R chapters 11 and up, the Ino-Head Gargoyle is being updated at mangafox.me though.

Does GT-R even have 11+ chapters though? I know it was supposed to continue on after the first volume, but I don't know that it actually did...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 pm 
Catching up!

Ugly Pig wrote:
Does GT-R even have 11+ chapters though? I know it was supposed to continue on after the first volume, but I don't know that it actually did...

Now that you mentioned it... I checked its info at MyAnimeList.net, it says that the GT-R series contain only 1 volume of 10 chapters. So just this one volume came out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 pm 
Great Forum Moderator~

Yeah, just the one volume. A continuation was announced, but never materialized.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 pm 
I post a lot!

Jubar wrote:

Only 1 Volume (10 Chapters) of GT-R has been released. It appears to have been discontinued.

As for Ino-Head Gargoyle, I am in the process of translating it and releasing it chapter by chapter. Already past the halfway mark! Keep an eye on my website for future releases!

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven; Oishii Kamishama
Completed: Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:13 am 
Catching up!

nosajj wrote:
As for Ino-Head Gargoyle, I am in the process of translating it and releasing it chapter by chapter. Already past the halfway mark! Keep an eye on my website for future releases!

Nice to meet you, nosajj! :D
That's cool! Do you plan to scanlate the missing SJG chapters? Or maybe you know someone that could do it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 am 
I post a lot!

Jubar wrote:
Nice to meet you, nosajj! :D
That's cool! Do you plan to scanlate the missing SJG chapters? Or maybe you know someone that could do it?

Sorry, I have no plans to scanlate SJG as it is already available in English.

Ongoing: Adesugata Junjou Boy; Shonan Seven; Oishii Kamishama
Completed: Animal Joe; Dutchoven Girl of Love; Unhappy!; Uncharted: The Treasure of El Dorado; Elegy for the Errors of Cooking; Repoman Soul!; Black Diamond; Ino-Head Gargoyle; GT-R; Secret Combat Troops Momoider; Love You; Goblin Mad Dog; Kamen Teacher VS Police
Dropped: GTO: Paradise Lost