It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Post subject: What exactly happened???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 pm 
Newcomer

hehe well i was trying to find some real information on what happened to the Onibaku gang in Shonen...I came across this site and was quite intrigued with all the discussions going on here :) . Now i'm not much of a Manga reader, and yes I heard its best to read the manga than watch the series, but honestly, that just aint happening(not much of a reader hehe).

But yea ever since i read the profile on the Yakuza guy that Eikichi and Danma humiliated back in bad company. "but we see his reaction to the Oni-Baku's fate in the final volume-he is, unsurprisingly, not too saddened by the news."

Ever since than i always just wondered what happened seeing how the 5th OVA never told me what happened and than the 6 year gap in between the two series....

If you guys could please answer that for me it would ease my mind just alittle hehe :) and yes that is permission to spoil it for me.

I apologize if this is shown elsewhere or asked before. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:21 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

Well, actually there are actually very few members here that know that information. In fact, those of us who do are trying to keep it secret till the final volume becomes available.

If you really want to know though, I can contact you privately. PMs don't seem to be working for me though. Do you have an email address I could use?

Honestly, although it sounds like you've heard plenty of times before, I can't walk away without urging you to start following the manga. The OVAs of SJG are nothing in comparison.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:43 pm 
Newcomer

fantastic_harrasment@hotmail.com just incase you didn't get my email or pm...I also put it in my profile information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 pm 
Regular!

Hey there, nice to see a new member :)

I would definitely second B_L's recommendation- if you're into SJG, there's just no comparison whatsoever between the manga and anime...so many side-stories and jokes, as well as characters referred to in GTO are missing from the anime; it's actually probably one of the worst anime representations of a great manga that I've encountered (considering of course the shoddy animation in certain OAVs, as well as the necessary condensation of so much plot). We were all just so glad that an anime existed at all that it blew up into being released online, etc. ^_^ I don't think that as an anime it has much merit in and of itself, other than being SJG...

I haven't much experience with the English release of SJG, but I think others here would recommend it if you can possibly get your hands on it at all; if it's anywhere near the quality of the Japanese volumes, well, I'd hate to think you were missing out on something great :D

Doko no kumi no monja, ware. Sumaki ni shite shizume taroka, kora!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:59 am 
Awesome!

Welcome Sledge! Well I always wanted to know what Onizuka mum was like so need to check this manga out.