It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:18 pm 
Catching up!

i read 2 other chapters.... kiwamezawa is.... WTF? XD
just a little question: in chapter 157, onizuka sees kiwa for the first time, and then he says "he's out of the ordinary, look THERE" pointing at something..... is he pointing at his.... errr, dick? XD 'cause the next drawing is basically all black and i found it hard to give a significance to the "swoop" sound effect on the drawing. There's some white somewhere and this looks like the case.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:39 pm 
OnibakuBanzai Administration Team

yeah, it's his dick. It's pretty clear to see in the Japanese version, maybe bad printing...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:02 pm 
Catching up!

maybe. Paper and print is not-so-high quality since it's certainly not a best seller (besides it's only 6.9 euros per volume). Nothing to complain about though, i like the edition overall.

anyway i finished reading the volume, Sakaki is a complete jerk XD i suppose his "arc" ends here?

the drawings have become much better, i'm starting to like them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:14 pm 

Yeah he is a jerk. I think that is all there is to his little mini arc, but he'll continue to pop up fairly often afterwards always in humerous situations, such as the compitition they have at school to see who can knock him out while he's inside a punching bag. Needless to say Kiwamezawa does the job quite well... by throwing him off the third story of the school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 am 

Hey i read it too until the last two chapters... this is really one of the most good SJG volumes i read until now...
WARNING SPOILER AHEAD!!!

the tragic, sad ending of Natsu, Onizuka's desperation and Shinomi's kiss!!
Really, so much happenings in just one volume!!!

I still have to read the ending but i'm really satisfied with just what i read... :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:54 pm 
Catching up!

read half of volume 10, quite good

i liked tamaru's arc, i still have to see the last 2 chapters but i liked the execution. What fujisawa was trying to accomplish was obvious from the beginning, but still he managed to make it seems uncertain (and there was fuckeen Nakajo! love the guy :D i just hope he'll get his own story arc 'cause he's damn cool yet he never stays for much time).
the "sunglasses guy" (cannot remember the name) was seen scheming with some strange guys. Yeah, even if tamaru's connection to the whole Atsuki incident is quite obvious, fujisawa really managed to make it uncertain till the end, he even "summoned" Kamiyama. And i happen to like those "loser" types such as Tamaru, so this "mystery-action-arc" was a good addition to the series.

the second half of the volume seems a lighter one, i suppose i'll like that too.
quite good, and i'm still waiting for the drawings to improve. There's not many volumes left, and since it'll get to the "first GTO" levels it should be totally awesome in the last chapters :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:44 pm 

Glad you enjoyed this arc :). It has quite a dark feel to it doesn't it? Especially how it ends. Anyway the rest of the volume is pretty much made up of short storylines. Shinomi's epic "Pink Elephant" story should hold a few laughs and you have some good old tsukai action at the end in the Hinoken arc. Its not his usual serious fight arcs but a little more on the humerous side, and at the same time you'll get an idea of how strong he is compared to the others (he's actually pretty good ;)). As for the middle mini arc in this book, I'm not exactly sure where I stand with it as I haven't actually read it in depth, but from what I can tell it appears a little bland (?). Funny starting though :)

You've got quite a bit to look forward to in the next book in my oppinion. The book actually starts off in a similar way to the ending of volume 10 with short mini-arcs etc, but soon proceeds into a very cool, reasonably large arc. The whole Kashiya thing is followed up (the tabacco guy, you called him sunglasses guy?) and some old faces reappear :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:32 am 
Catching up!

just finished the volume..... yay for the second half! very good imho..... i even liked the 3-chapters "wanna be ryuji's GF" mini-arc. I always liked when fujisawa looked at the onibaku duo from an external point of view, giving it a more "epic" feel.

shinomi's pink elephant chapter is awesome and OF COURSE onizuka doesn't know anything.....he's too dumb XD but that's why people love him :)

hinoken arc is beyond funny, poor tsukai, he's so uchiyamada-esque in his attempt to stop the warring contenders :) and the brawl in class using tsukai as a weapon made me laugh out loud XD

Another thing i liked is how fujisawa introduces earlier the next opponents, the "tobacco guy" really seems interesting, and making him appear earlier should give an even more epic scope to the next arc. He even "conquered" the idatens single-handedly.....cannot wait for volume 11 :)

very good volume imho, the only nitpick is the end of tamaru's arc, it's a bit farfetched with onizuka who discovers everything out of the blue (who is he, L? :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:43 pm 

Quote:
just finished the volume..... yay for the second half! very good imho..... i even liked the 3-chapters "wanna be ryuji's GF" mini-arc. I always liked when fujisawa looked at the onibaku duo from an external point of view, giving it a more "epic" feel.

Ah cool, as I said I've hardly read into those chapters but it's good to hear they're not as plain as I thought they'd be.

Quote:
shinomi's pink elephant chapter is awesome and OF COURSE onizuka doesn't know anything.....he's too dumb XD but that's why people love him :)

lol it looks like Shinomi's pretty dumb too so they're a good match :).

Quote:
hinoken arc is beyond funny, poor tsukai, he's so uchiyamada-esque in his attempt to stop the warring contenders :) and the brawl in class using tsukai as a weapon made me laugh out loud XD

Yeah, those chapters truely are gold :). So now Ryuji's got his own version of Katsuyuki! Though Hino doesn't appear as often, he has a key role in the beginning of the Blue Rose Coalition arc (the big one in volume 11). Something definnatly worth looking forward too ;).

Quote:
Another thing i liked is how fujisawa introduces earlier the next opponents, the "tobacco guy" really seems interesting, and making him appear earlier should give an even more epic scope to the next arc. He even "conquered" the idatens single-handedly.....cannot wait for volume 11 :)

As I said, It's worth looking forward to. Kashiya is one powerful guy, that's for sure. The conclusion to the arc with onizuka still gives me chills. So incredibly cool. You'll have to wait till volume 12 for that though I'm afraid ^^;

Quote:
very good volume imho, the only nitpick is the end of tamaru's arc, it's a bit farfetched with onizuka who discovers everything out of the blue (who is he, L? :P)

lol, true.

btw, I took the liberty to edit you last post. You put volume 9 instead of 10. Hope you don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 pm 
Catching up!

no problem of course :)

oh and i forgot to mention Sakaki's appearances.....gwahahahaah the knock-him-out challenge, won by kiwamezawa XD

man i'd really like to read the rest now. How much longer till the drawings get to BadC levels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:31 am 

The drawings start looking like BC around volume 13/end of 12 ;)

I'm glad you're getting into it now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:23 pm 
Catching up!

just bought volume 11, haven't read it but..... OMG TEH DRAWINGS *ARE* GETTING GOOD! at long last...... i'll tune in soon for some impressions later, i'm under exams now so i don't know when i'll be able to read it but i hope soon
bye :)

ps. Ayumi IS BACK! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:07 am 

Cool :D
I'm eager to hear what you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:35 pm 
Catching up!

all right, nearly a month later (and i'm still under exams -_-) i read this volume. Checkpoint-list impressions:

- starts off with some goofy chapters. Funniest one is the one in the train...... i lol'd hard. The saejima one is great too, man his mom's good looking :D pity his parents are afraid whenever he moves a muscle XDD
a gto-kinda gag with the kiwamezawa chapters when we discover kiwamezawa's true dad ^^;

- after that, is the setup for the blue rose arc. I actually liked the "cinderella shinomi" chapter, but what comes past it is awesome.
i really like this kashiya guy, he's bad ass, always scheming, and he knows nakajo (YEAH! nakajo's da man! XD)

- anyway, we see kashiya has some kinds of connection to the underground/yakuza (his father seems....blind?!), and wants to test the onibakus. He decides to use Joey, another "fujisawa-exaggerate-guy", but anyway, his story gets explained and it's not bad, but anyway.... joey is just a bit slow on the charisma side imho. Kashiya's a much interesting foe. I didn't understand if kashiya's part of this blue rose gang..... i suppose, yes?

- the storyline for the blue rose arc is long and still is far from its climax, but still i liked the execution very much. Kashiya's scheming makes it seem more important in a sense, and besides, the return of Shindoji, Akutsu, and Ayumi in one volume is awesome.
1) nagisa saw ayumi, and ryuji too. This is bound to cause troble, cause ryuji's been targeted by joey....
2) shindoji helped akutsu escape, and akutsu's a badass as he was before. can't wait to see how they play their part in the conclusion of this story-arc. Yeah i quite like shindoji after this volume, he's been the worst baddie till now but i guess now he's a good guy :D

- Sayo, or what's her name.... onizuka seems to like her, and her dialogue with onizuka's been to funny ("are you using this topic of conversation to help you masturbate?" ROTFL)
and she's enemy with kashiya.... dunno what role she'll play in the next volume. Anyway, it's just another great addiction to an already impressive roster of characters, this arc is surely shaping to be the most epic yet.

finally, as i mentioned, while the drawings are not perfect, i must say this is the biggest improvement yet. From volume 10 to 11 there's really a big difference, especially in precision and correction of anatomy. And also in the drawing of faces, finally everyone's not ugly :D i could even say..... some drawings are actually good! especially in the last part of the volume.
i guess from the next volume we'll finally arrive at bad company quality

yay! this series is really getting on as it goes, and if quality is improving at this rate, there's hope the final volumes will really be near gto in terms of quality.
cannot wait for volume 12 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:28 pm 
Catching up!

volume 12, just started (read the first 3 chaps)

ayumi's comeback! it's a pity gto spoils the outcome of the love-triangle, but anyway i love her new looks. And the way she and ryuji act....totally embarassed ^^

and otoh, onizuka is starting to get pissed about joey. Next part looks like there will be some motorcycle action (which i love :P)

and the drawings are finally (FINALLY!) what i was waiting for all this time ^_^ it's a bit late (only 3 vols left) but anyway, who am i to complain^^

soon, i'll comment the rest of the volume :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next